It’s that time of year again… time for my annual compilation post of Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals for learning Python.
Save up to $108 a year on Python Morsels
Of course I’m going to kick things off with my own sale. 😉
Python Morsels helps developers deepen their Python skills in a way that day-to-day coding simply can’t.
Python Morsels is specifically crafted for:
- experienced developers frustrated with gaps in their Python knowledge
- self-taught programmers seeking courage and confidence in their Python abilities
- intermediate-level Python learners trying to deepen skills
If you saw yourself in that list, subscribe now before prices increase on November 29, 2022!
Python books, courses, templates, and exercises
There are a lot of Python-related sales going on this year. Note that some of the below sales include courses, some include books, some include templates (Itamar’s Docker templates for example) and some include a mix of different learning products.
- Reuven Lerner: Reuven’s Python courses are 40% off this week with the coupon
- Talk Python: Get all Talk Python courses in one $249 bundle
- Sundeep Agarwal: Sundeep’s all books bundle is 64% off (it’s $10), the Learn by example Python bundle is 80% off (it’s $3), and Practice Python Projects is free!
- Matt Harrison: Matt’s offering 30% off his Effective Pandas book on Friday only
- Itamar Turner-Trauring: Itamar’s Docker packaging products for Python are all 25% off through November with the code
- Mike Driscoll: Mike is offering $10 off any of his books this year with the coupon code
- No Starch: books are 35% off with the coupon
- Pragmatic Bookshelf: save 40% on Brian Okken’s PyTest book or any other Pragmatic Bookshelf book with the coupon code
- Udemy: various Python courses are also on sale on Udemy right now, including Al Sweigart’s Automate the Boring Stuff with Python course
Python learning subscriptions
I use a subscription model for Python Morsels because subscriptions (when done well) can encourage habitual learning, which is often more effective than binge-learning. But Python Morsels isn’t the only subscription-based Python learning platform.
Here sales on other learning subscriptions:
- O'Reilly Media subscriptions are $200 off with the coupon CYBERWEEK22
- Dunder Data subscriptions (by Ted Petrou) are 40% off (normally $399), plus an extra 50% off for completing 3 certificates within 3 months
- DataCamp has a 50% off sale on their annual subscriptions right now as well
Also here’s a Python-related service that’s on sale (a subscription product, not a learning service):
- Sourcery: Sourcery Pro is 33% off for the first 12 months with coupon
Adam Johnson compiled many Django-related Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales.
Here’s a quick summary:
- Will Vincent is offering 50% off a bundle for newer Django developers (sale)
- Adam Johnson is offering 50% off his books for experienced Django developers (announcement)
- Test Driven is selling a discounted bundle of courses on Django REST Framework, Celery, and search (sale)
Plus other discounted books, apps, templates, and services from others: read Adam’s full post for more details on the Django-related sales this year.
Go get yourself some deals!
Go hop on those sales! (But make sure to put an event in your calendar to actually use what you purchase. 😉)